Reinventing Comics by Scott McCloud
Author of Understanding Comics. In 1993, Scott McCloud tore down the wall between high and low culture with the acclaimed international hit Understanding Comics, a massive comic book that explored the inner workings of the worlds most misunderstood art form.
Options presented upon check-out for 1-3 day delivery
Format: Trade paperback
Condition: vg- condition, minor shelf wear
Pages: 256pp, 2000 edition
Others: All defects if any are formulated into pricing. May or may not have previous store stickers. Items were inspected but may still miss writings/inscriptions.
Now, McCloud takes comics to the next level, charting twelve different revolutions in how comics are created, read, and perceived today, and how they're poised to conquer the new millennium.
Part One of this fascinating and in-depth book includes:
- The life of comics as an art form and as literature
- The battle for creators' rights
- Reinventing the business of comics
- The volatile and shifting public perceptions of comics
- Sexual and ethnic representation on comics
Then in Part Two, McCloud paints a breathtaking picture of comics' digital revolutions, including:
- The intricacies of digital production
- The exploding world of online delivery
- The ultimate challenges of the infinite digital canvas
You might also like