Field Notes Byline (Summer 2016)
FIELD NOTES 31ST SUMMER 2016 QUARTERLY EDITION. BYLINE. TWO 70-PAGE NOTEBOOKS. Ruled Paper. Inside Pocket.
Options presented upon check-out for 1-3 day delivery
Condition: Brand new, sealed.
Set of 2. Each book measures 3-3/4" wide by 8" tall. Ruled Paper. Inside Pocket.
Field Notes is proud to present their 31st limited release: The "Byline" Edition, for Summer 2016. You'll find they're excellent for taking notes at work or in class. They're Wire-O-Bound and lay flat, so they're perfect on your desk or kitchen counter, or on that table near the door where you always leave your keys. And of course, if you're getting the scoop on deep-background from an anonymous source for your next big front page story, well then, the "Byline" Edition is just the ticket. As usual, the inside covers are jam-packed with helpful information.
We studied existing Reporter's Notebooks and updated and improved just about every facet of the design. Classic Reporter's Notebooks have always felt a touch clumsy in our hands. We've trimmed the width a hair to make it easier to write with one hand while holding it with the other. We've created a cover which protects the wire binding, so it doesn't get caught on fabric or stuff in your backpack. Traditional notebooks are Gregg-ruled which, to our eyes, is too wide and too dark. We've moved to a lighter Collegiate ruling. The diameter of the binding has been customized, as have the die-cut holes that the binding passes through, for maximum "flippability." A handy pocket has been added to the back cover which makes for a thicker and more stable hand-held writing surface, and also gives you a place to stash a shred of evidence or a receipt for the cocktails you bought to ply a reluctant witness.
01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDoc Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
02. Cover: Neenah Environment 120#DTC "Wrought Iron" with a brute force application of "Federal Blue" soy-based Saphira ink.
03. Innards: Cougar Natural 70#T vellum ruled with "Double Knee Duck Canvas" soy-based Saphira ink.
04. Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
05. Bound with bombproof Renz "Double-O" Ring Wire, with appreciation to U.S. Patent #2142816, filed in 1935 by W. Walter Grumbacher.
06. Bottom corners rounded to 3/8" (9.5mm) by a Challenge SCM round-corner machine.
07. College Ruled Lines: 9/32" (7.1 mm).
08. Notebook dimensions: 3–3/4"× 8-1/4" (95mm x 210mm).
09. Field Notes uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927).
10. All Field Notes memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
11. UPC 858493003400