Field Notes 5E Monster / Encounter Journals (2-Pack, D&D)
2-pack, 4-3/4" x 7-1/2". Hail, and well met, adventurer! We present thee with the Field Notes 5E Monster / Encounter Journals, handsome tomes for the fifth edition of "the world's greatest roleplaying game," Dungeons & Dragons
Options presented upon check-out for 1-3 day delivery
CONDITION: Brand New Sealed.
2-pack, 4.75" x 7.5"
We see a lot of graph paper here at Field Notes, but even after years of making our Memo Books, it's hard to see those little squares without wanting to map out a route through a subterranean dungeon or an abandoned castle. Which path will lead us to the dragon, berserker, or whatever other enemies stand between us, treasure, and glory?
While our original Field Notes served us well for general map-making and note-taking, we were craving purpose-built books to track our progress. With some help from our more-experienced dungeoneering friends, we set out on an adventure to make the three best, most complete, most useful 5E role-playing, game-mastering and Monster / Encounter journals available.
Whether plotting a major campaign or simply prepping a one-shot game night, every encounter is worth considering in detail, and every encounter needs a memorable foe. This book aims to help with both!
The front half of each book features space to design 15 challenging and unforgettable encounters. The second half of each book gives you ample space to create 15 unique and completely original monsters. Inside each Monster / Encounter Journal you’ll find:
- Encounter Building Tips
- 15 spreads for Encounter Design
- Monster Building Tips
- a Monster Creation table
- 15 spreads for Monster Design
Field Notes quality, Dungeon-tested Each 2-Pack includes two "Note Book"-sized Game Master Journals, 4-3/4" x 7-1/2", with French Paper Co "Pop-Tone" 100# covers printed with "Hell Hound Black" ink, featuring handy data, tables, and diagrams for reference. The body pages are beefy Domtar Lynx Ultra Smooth 70# text with clear-but-subtle "Adventuring Bindle Light Brown" ink.
* Again, to be clear, these are not plain paper note books, they are specifically formatted with empty charts and tables for 5E fantasy roleplaying.
Field Notes 5e Monster / Encounter Journals are designed for use with the fifth edition of Dungeons and Dragons as permitted under the Open Game License version 1.0a.
Dungeons and Dragons and all related trademarks are the property of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. (WOTC). Field Notes Brand is not affiliated with nor licensed by WOTC.
01. Each Character Journal (2 per pack) is designed for a single character. Each Game Master Journal (2 per pack) is designed for a single campaign.
02. Proudly printed and bound by the good people of Active Graphics, Cicero, Ill., and Able Printing Services, Berwyn, Ill.
03. Cover: French Pop-Tone 100#C "Wild Cherry" (Character Journals) or "Grape Jelly" (Game Master Journals) with a brute force application of "Hell Hound Black" soy-based Saphira inks.
04. Innards: Domtar Lynx Opaque Smooth 70#T "White" with a fine application of "Adventuring Bindle Light Brown" ink.
05. Cover and innards printed on a Komori Lithrone S40 40" 6-color offset printing press.
06. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher.
07. Corners rounded to a 1/2" (12.7mm) radius on a Thompson Platen Press by Intra-Cut Diecutting, Chicago, Ill.
08. Dimensions are 4-3/4" × 7-1/2" (121mm x 191mm).
09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
10. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
11. Special thanks to Will the Wondrous, Eric the Esteemed, Nate the Notorious, Ben the Benevolent, and Wally the Witty for their contributions to these Gaming Journals.
12. FN-CJ UPC: 858493003882, FN-GMJ UPC: 858493003912, FN-MEJ UPC: 850032279024
You might also like